How to make invoice template in Excel? Creating an invoice template is easy than you might think.
- Download any template here on InvoicingTemplate.com. As of now (2017), our templates are free for personal / internal usage. No credit card or registration is required in order to download and use our templates.
- Unprotect the sheet. (How?)
- Enter your own company / business information.
- That it! Now you can start creating invoices.
For further customizing, read our document about customizations.
Here are our templates closely related to Create Invoice Template.
- c4036South Africa Tax Invoice Template (Sales)
- c4077Recipient Created Tax Invoices Form
- c7011Proforma (1st Sample of Customization)
- c4108Customization of Standard Fields
- c5104Law Firm Invoice Template
- c5071Lightweight Service Invoice Template
- c7012Proforma (2nd Sample of Customization)
- c5077Simple Template - Moving Shipping Address
- c4116Hairdressing Receipt
- c7002Backorder Invoice Template
- c6026Bill Sample in Estonian
- c5073United Arab Emirates Invoice Template
- c4106Invoice Template VAT UK
- c5090Simple Sample - Using Segoe Print Font
- c7024Irish Sales VAT Invoice Template
- c5084Simple Invoice Sample - Sales Rep Name on Product Report
- c4090Invoicing Format for Bakery and Cake Shop
- cn009Soccer Shop Invoice Template
- c6021Singapore GST Invoice Template (Sales)
- c4099Service Billing Template for Germany
South Africa Tax Invoice Template (Sales)
In order to comply with VAT regulations, for any sale of more than R50, you have to issue a tax invoice, with the word "tax invoice" printed on it. This is the most important document in the VAT system. The VAT Act prescribes that a tax invoice must contain certain details about the taxable supply as well as the parties to the transaction. This includes:
Recipient Created Tax Invoices Form
In Australia tax invoices are usually issued by the supplier or seller. However Australian Taxation Office also allows the purchaser or recipient of the goods or services to issue tax invoice for the purchases, knowns as recipient-created tax invoices (RCTI).
Proforma (1st Sample of Customization)
The original proforma invoice template is provided in Excel 2000 ".xls" format, which works fine in Excel 2007 and later versions, but will shows the words "Compatibility Mode" on the Excel title bar if you open it in Excel 2007 and later versions. For the purpose of testing, we will work with Excel 2010 and ".xlsx" format in this document. A caution must be made, however - usually you can easily convert ".xls" format to the new ".xlsx" format by executing the "save as" command in Excel, the conversion from ".xlsx" format back to ".xls" format usually causes warnings and errors.
Customization of Standard Fields
First, make sure you have made a backup of your current database file, so that in case something goes wrong during the following steps you are able to return to the original state easily. In this sample, we'll be using c4020 Invoice Template with Long Product Description with which we show you how to customize the invoice template so that it allows you to enter more text into the description fields of the standard invoice format shipped with UIS.
Law Firm Invoice Template
The template includes several custom fields on invoice heading part that are not found in the standard invoice template, including "Your Reference#", "Desk", "Our File Ref#", "Your File Ref#", "Currency".
Lightweight Service Invoice Template
This invoice template, Lightweight Service Billing Form, has one tax set by default.
Proforma (2nd Sample of Customization)
This is the 2nd sample on how to create a new design for pro forma invoice template, focused on entering company information and replacing InvoicingTemplates logo image.
Simple Template - Moving Shipping Address
Sometimes it is useful on a service invoice template to have a "Service Sumarry" field. We'll add this as a custom field.
Designed for hair stylist, beauty salon, hair salon, beauty parlor, nail salon, barber, cosmetologist and related freelancers, this hairdressing receipt template helps you create professional and beautiful receipts and bills.
Backorder Invoice Template
When an order for inventory items is partially fulfilled, the portion of the order that has not yet been fulfilled is called a backorder. Backorder Invoice Template includes additional columns for you to detail Quantity Ordered, Quantity Shipped and Quantity Backordered.
Bill Sample in Estonian
- Once the template is in design mode, right-click the cell.
- Choose "Format Cells" from the shortcut menu.
- On the "Number" tab, choose "Date" from the "Category" list.
- Choose the proper date format from the "Type" list.
United Arab Emirates Invoice Template
- Supplier Information (Your Information)
- Supplier Name
- Supplier Address
- Supplier's VAT registration number
- Supplier's telephone number, contact person and email address
- Bank information
- Customer Information (Client Information)
- Customer name
- Customer address
- Customer's telephone number, contact person and email address
- Shipping address
- The word INVOICE or CREDIT (In case of credit note)
- Invoice number (must be unique, which could be generated automatically when Invoice Manager for Excel is installed).
- Invoice date (please specify the format used - it is in dd/mm/yyyy format by default)
- Currency, must be the same currency as stated in the Purchase Order
- Specification of goods and services delivered
- Tax amount. If multiple taxes (VAT/WHT) are applicable
- The tax rate for every net amount should be specified
- Total payable amount
- For credit notes, invoice number being credited must be stated (one credit note per invoice)
Invoice Template VAT UK
The next step is to name the cells on the invoice form to letknow where to read/write the custom fields added to database.
Moving cells and controls, formatting cells with UK based currency symbol
Simple Sample - Using Segoe Print Font
The default invoice format shipped with Invoice Manager for Excel installer program uses the default font of Excel. To make your business documents differ from others you can simply change the font face.
Irish Sales VAT Invoice Template
This VAT invoice template has a similar layout as c6008 VAT Sales Invoice Template - Price Excluding Tax - you can also find a service invoice template here on InvoicingTemplate.com, at c6014 VAT Service Invoice Template - Price Excluding Tax. The format has customized as per the requirements detailed on Irish Revenue. If you've never produced an invoice before you might be wondering how to go about this and what needs to be on the invoice in order for it to be accepted by your customer and their accounts department. If you're registered for VAT and are therefore charging VAT on your invoices it is especially important that your invoices are properly drawn up and that you keep copies so that you don't incur any penalties from Irish Revenue.
Simple Invoice Sample - Sales Rep Name on Product Report
Note that on the invoicing templates we're publishing here on InvoicingTemplate.com, the term "price" is the money the client / customer pay you for each unit of product / service they purchase; on the other hand, we use the term "cost" for the money you pay to your vendor. In case of selling of goods / materials, "price - cost" results in the gross profit of each unit you sell out. On most of our invoicing formats, you see only the "Price" or "Unit Price" column, because the "Cost" fields are put into a hidden column.
Invoicing Format for Bakery and Cake Shop
This free billing / invoicing and order form template is designed for bakeries and cake shops. It features a "Requirements" box to enter special notes about the order, and a beautiful Valentine cake image as the form background.
Soccer Shop Invoice Template
This updated version published on InvoicingTemplate.com we're offering only one format - i.e. the UIS edition. By using this template, you can create invoices for your soccer shop without installing Invoice Manager for Excel. In this case, it is able to do formatting (providing the layout of your invoices and bills), calculations etc. However without UIS, all the buttons on the worksheet will not work.
Singapore GST Invoice Template (Sales)
Also known as Value Added Tax (VAT) in many other countries, Goods and Services Tax (GST) is a consumption tax that is levied on the supply of goods and services in Singapore and the import of goods into Singapore. GST is an indirect tax, expressed as a percentage (currently 7%) applied to the selling price of goods and services provided by GST registered business entities in Singapore. As a GST registered entity, you are required to submit a return to the tax authorities based on your accounting cycle, normally on a quarterly basis. GST registration is required only if the company falls under the following: 1) The turnover is more than S$1 million for the past 12 months – known as the retrospective basis –OR- 2) There is a reason to expect that the turnover will exceed S$1 million for the next 12 months – known as the prospective basis.
Service Billing Template for Germany
If you install Invoice Manager for Excel, this process is much easier as our Excel-based invoicing program stores a counter in the backend Access database (or SQL-Server database if you choose the highest edition). When you create invoice by clicking the "Save To DB" on the "Invoice" Excel worksheet, or click the "Save Invoice" command on the taskpane, a new invoice# / bill# is generated automatically if that cell is left blank. See invoicing template with auto-numbering for more samples on this topic.