You are safe to download the resources. We've added our digital signatures to the files.
Download this if you have already installed the Microsoft Store edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, and are looking for additional customized templates.
Download this if you want this design to be set as the default template by the installer program.
Screenshots and Images
The printed version.
Open the template in Excel.
Designed for consulting businesses in oil and gas industry who provide professional services and charge expenses for travel and legal copies. The services are charged to a designated "Prospect" or "Well Name" to the clients.
Find another simplified version of this template at landman invoice template.
The template is also able to charge on either hourly or per diem basis at a predetermined price. It allows to bill for time as consultants based upon either an hourly or day rate. To create invoices using this template, basically, you plug in date, time worked (pre-determined hourly or day rate) select a project name/ID, input mileage and expenses and print an invoice! While integrated with Invoice Manager for Excel, it is a fairly simple / ready to go billing and invoicing system.
This form is a legal sized - landscape format invoice form. It contains 11 columns, including "DATE", "PROSPECT / WELL NAME", "LODGING EXPENSE", "POSTAGE & OTHER EXPENSES ", "Meals / Entertainment", "MILEAGE", "MILEAGE EXPENSE", "TIME (p/hour or day)", "RATE (p/hr. or day))", "TIME TOTAL", "WORK "DESCRIPTION - SERVICES PERFORMED", and "DATE TOTAL".
The "MILEAGE EXPENSE" column is a calculated field. Even the column heading is calculated using the Excel formula:
=CONCATENATE("MILEAGE EXPENSE (@ ",IF(oknChargePerMile=0,0.585,oknChargePerMile)*100,"¢ p/mile)")
So if the cell "oknChargePerMile" (marked with blue background color) is filled, is shows the travel cost from that cell; otherwise, it shows "MILEAGE EXPENSE (@ 58.5¢ p/mile)".
Under the "TIME (p/hour or day)" heading there are two columns, the first allows you to enter a numeric value, and the second is implemented as a drop-down list with options "DAY" and "HOUR".
This consulting invoice template also features an "Open PDF File" hyperlink, which is generated using the following Excel formula:
=HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE(oknPdfFolder,oknInvoiceID,".PDF"),"open PDF file")
So the target of the hyperlink comprises three parts -- the value of the "oknPDFFolder", the current invoice number, and the file extension ".pdf". So if you generated PDF invoices and save it to the folder specified in the cell named "oknPDFFolder", you can click the hyperlink "Open PDF file" to open the PDF version of the current invoice template.
Each template here on InvoicingTemplate.com comes with the corresponding PDF version, visit Adobe PDF invoice templates for more information.
There are 4 templates included in the downloadable package, each designed for different page numbers (from one page to four pages). All templates connect to one same database cm022.mdb. For more samples on multiple-page invoices, visit multiple-page invoice template.
Here are the key points on how to use this consulting invoice format.
How to create an invoice?
- Click "Clear & New".
- Click the icon button on the "Bill To" section to select an existing customer. Or, fill in customer information, including name, address etc., and then click "Save As New Customer" to create a new customer account. The account number is shown on the top-left of the form, outside of the printable area.
- Fill in service item information. You can create your "Prospect/Well name" list by clicking the "Products" button. This way, you can click the icon buttons on the item lines to fill in Prospect/Well names automatically.
- Once finished, click the "Save To DB" button. An invoice# is generated automatically.
How to edit an existing invoice?
For example, if the "one-page" template is not enough, you need to edit an invoice in the "two-page" template. First of all, you open the "two-page" template.
- Click the "Invoices" button.
- Click the invoice in question. You can use the search bar to locate an invoice quickly and easily.
- Click "Edit In Excel".
- Add new items as needed.
- Click "Save To DB" to save the updated invoice to database.
How to use the "Open PDF file" button?
- Prepare a folder for storing your PDF files. Say "C:\MyPdfInvoices". Enter this folder information on the invoice template, cell $T$6 with blue background. Make sure the folder name is ended with a "\" symbol. For example, if you store your pdf files in the folder C:\MyPdfInvoices, then enter "C:\MyPdfInvoices\" in cell $T$6. Save your invoice template by clicking Excel menu File -> Save. You need to do this (specifying the folder where you store you PDF files) only once.
- Once you finish you invoice, click "Save To DB" to save it to database. An invoice# is generated automatically.
- Generate the PDF file. Make sure the name of the PDF file is same as the Invoice#. For example, if the current invoice is INV1051, your PDF file should be "INV1051.pdf".
- Click "Open PDF file" hyper link to open the pdf file.
Generate PDF file automatically.
You can create a PDF document manually by clicking "File" / "Print" Excel menu, or have Invoice Manager for Excel generates PDF invoice automatically when you click "Save To DB". Here is how to set this.
- Click the "Settings" button on the "Invoice" worksheet.
- Go to the "Print" tab.
- Check "Print automatically when Save To DB is clicked".
- Choose the PDF printer as your default printer.
Format and Specification
|Name||Consultant Invoice with Travel and Hourly Expenses|
|Category||Consulting Invoice Template|
|Release Date||Saturday, August 5, 2017|
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||45.75|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Landscape|
|Default Margins (Points)|
|Price||Free (0.00 USD)|
|System||Windows 7 and later, and Excel 2007 and later.|