A standard invoice template is a typical invoice template that could be used by many industries / businesses.
A standard / typical invoice contains common elements required by governments and taxing offices, usually including:
- a unique identification number (see how to generate invoice numbers automatically),
- your company name, address and contact information,
- the name and address of the client,
- a description of what you're charging for,
- the date the goods or service were provided (supply date),
- the date of the invoice,
- the amount(s) being charged and the total amount owed.
However there are differences between countries and regions. Visit tax invoice templates for standard invoice templates grouped by countries along with the quick links to invoice requirements.
The standard invoice template included in Invoice Manager for Excel (and Excel Invoice Manager) installer program contains 5 columns. For example, this sample shows you a typical one. All free templates here on InvoicingTemplate.com could be seen as customized versions of the standard template.
The standard template typically includes an "Invoice" worksheet, and 5 report worksheets including:
- Sales Report
- Customer Report
- Product Report
- Customer Statement
- Sales Rep. Name
- Payment Report
There are also hidden worksheets that hold configurations and settings. Don't rename the worksheets, or it will causes problems.
The "Invoice" Worksheet
This worksheet provides not only a What You See Is What You Get free invoice form to create and edit invoices, but also an interface for most of the system functionalities. There are 12 command buttons on the top of the worksheet.
The left six buttons are targeted to the current invoice, and the right six buttons are targeted to the system. For example, if you click thebutton, you are trying to add a payment for the invoice currently displayed.
Invoice Manager for Excel also introduces a task pane that provides similar buttons. This means you can delete any or all buttons from the "Invoice" worksheet without losing access to Invoice Manager for Excel features.
Below is a screen shot of the default template with Invoice Manager for Excel v5 installed.
For a comparison, here is the print result of the above template.
|Clear & New|
Clears theworksheet to make it ready for next new invoice.
The invoice date and shipping date field will be set to the current date, and the Tax Rate, Sales Rep. Name, Ship Via, Terms will also be set to default values. You can set the default values by clicking thebutton on the worksheet.
|Save To DB|
Saves the current invoice to the database.
If the invoice # field is not filled in, or it is filled in but does not exist in the database, then it will be treated as a new invoice, and a new invoice # will be created automatically if needed. Otherwise, you are updating an existing invoice identified by the Invoice #.
Creates a new Excel workbook file that contains only the current invoice.
If you check theoption on the Tab of the window, it will create the email message automatically.
Click to see an example of the extracted invoice.
Prints the current invoice using the default print options. To customize your print options, click Excel menu-> or -> .
Click to see an example of the Printable Invoice.
Post a payment to the current invoice.
Displays the current invoice in anwindow, where you can edit, void, delete the invoice, or manage the payment records for the invoice.
Displays a window to list all customers. (Sample "Customers" window)
Displays a window to list all products. (Sample "Products" window)
Displays a window to list all invoices. (Sample "Invoices" window)
Displays the Figure)window, where you can create new reports. (
Displays the Figure)window, where you can set various options to control how the system works. (
|Help||Displays the help document.|
There are also three command buttons in the customer information area.
|Save As New Customer|
Saves the customer information you entered as a new customer.
This gives you a quick way to add customers when you are entering invoices. You can also use this button to create new customers using existing customer information. For example, click the customer selection button to select a customer, modify the customer information as needed, and then click thebutton.
|View Customer Info|
Displays a Figure)window to show the customer identified by the customer ID you entered. (
|Same As 'Bill To'|
Copies the address information in the Bill To section to thesection.
The "Report" Worksheets
All report worksheets have a similar structure. Here is an example of theworksheet.
- On the top or left of the worksheet, there is a command bar or task pane where you will find five buttons to create new report, set visible columns, extract the report to a new workbook, print the report, and clear the current report worksheet.
- Below the command bar is the print titles area. To view the details about the print titles, click Excel menu -> , and then select in Excel 2003, or click tab -> group -> in Excel 2007 and later versions.
- Below the print title is the report body that is known as in Excel terms. By default, the subtotal report is grouped by the first column, and uses the SUM function to subtotal numeric columns.
For more information about reports, see the chapter titledin Invoice Manager for Excel help document.
Here are our templates closely related to Standard Invoice Templates - 20 Results Found.
- c5085Standard Invoice with Double Border
- c7018Australian GST Invoice Template
- c5099Standard Business Invoicing Template with Oval Button
- c5094UIS V5.11 Standard Invoice Template and Shortcut Keys
- c5161Malaysia Tax Invoice Template
- c5156Turkish Invoice
- c5148Portuguese Credit Invoice for Angola
- c5145Pro forma Invoice for Collection Business in Thailand
- c5073United Arab Emirates Invoice Template
- c5157Standard Invoice in Italian
- c5141Croatian Invoice Template
- c5158Sales Invoice Form in Croatian
- c5159Korean Invoice Template
- c5160Standard Invoice Template in Greek
- c4014Five Price Percentage Levels (Sales)
- c6031Freight Invoice
- c5124Tutorial for Adding New Line to Template
- c4108Customization of Standard Fields
- c6025Standard Invoicing Template with EAN
- cm004Clothing Store (Manufacturer) Invoice Template with Item Pickup Buttons
Standard Invoice with Double Border
The standard invoice template is a sales invoice template that is designed to be flexible and basic. The design contains only one logo image placeholder, some solid fill effects on the text titles. Adding decorations to this existing template could change the look and feel of the template quickly. Want your invoices differ from others like your business? Microsoft Excel provides powerful and easy to use tools for you to make your very own invoice formats.
Australian GST Invoice Template
This customized invoice template is suitable for companies whose goods or services include GST. As Australian Taxation Office and the law required, the billing form should include information as detailed below.
UIS V5.11 Standard Invoice Template and Shortcut Keys
Starting from Invoice Manager for Excel version 5, we removed the support for on-sheet ActiveX buttons and added support for shape buttons.
Malaysia Tax Invoice Template
Use this template to make Invoice Manager an invoicing and billing software for Malaysia. The following table shows both the original and the translated text.
This is the Turkish version of the standard invoice template shipped with Invoice Manager v7.12. It translates all the text labels on the printable form to Turkish. If you're doing business with clients from Turkey, use this template to make sure your clients understand your invoices.
The text labels are translated with an online tool. All the labels are shown in the table below.
Portuguese Credit Invoice for Angola
The major part of the Invoice worksheet has the similar layout like the standard invoice template shipped with Invoice Manager. First on the top-left, there are the logo image and business information for your own company. On the right hand, you'll fields for invoice# and invoice date, i.e. " DATA" and "Factura Nº".
Pro forma Invoice for Collection Business in Thailand
- Open the template as usual.
- Switch to design mode by pushing down the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" worksheet.
- Push down the "CTRL" key on keyboard. Click each cell for which you want to change the currency, such as "Subtotal", "Total" and "Paid" etc.
- Right-click one of the selected cell. Choose "Format Cells" from the shortcut menu.
- On the "Number" tab, choose "Accounting" from the "Category" list.
- Choose your currency symbol from the "Symbol" list.
- Click "OK" to apply the changes.
- Save the template.
United Arab Emirates Invoice Template
- Supplier Information (Your Information)
- Supplier Name
- Supplier Address
- Supplier's VAT registration number
- Supplier's telephone number, contact person and email address
- Bank information
- Customer Information (Client Information)
- Customer name
- Customer address
- Customer's telephone number, contact person and email address
- Shipping address
- The word INVOICE or CREDIT (In case of credit note)
- Invoice number (must be unique, which could be generated automatically when Invoice Manager for Excel is installed).
- Invoice date (please specify the format used - it is in dd/mm/yyyy format by default)
- Currency, must be the same currency as stated in the Purchase Order
- Specification of goods and services delivered
- Tax amount. If multiple taxes (VAT/WHT) are applicable
- The tax rate for every net amount should be specified
- Total payable amount
- For credit notes, invoice number being credited must be stated (one credit note per invoice)
Standard Invoice in Italian
This is the Italian version of the standard (default) invoice template shipped with IMFE 7.13. Consider this template if you're doing businesses with clients from Italy.
Croatian Invoice Template
Like the other standard invoice templates here on InvoicingTemplate.com, this template has 5 columns too, namely "Oznaka / Oporezivo", "Opis / naziv", "Količina", "Cijena" and "Iznos".
Sales Invoice Form in Croatian
This Croatian Invoice Template is translated from the standard invoice template (default template) shipped with Invoice Manager.
Like the c5156 Turkish version and the c5157 Italian version, only the text inside the printable area is translated. Visit Croatia invoice requirements and VAT invoicing rules for VAT invoicing requirements in Croatia. See this document for more information on basic rules and techniques of customization.
Korean Invoice Template
Text outside of the printable area remains in English. See South Korea VAT compliance and rates for more information. The text labels translated are shown below.
Standard Invoice Template in Greek
This template is translated directly from the standard invoice format shipped with Invoice Manager setup program. The text within the range "Print_Area" is translated using an online tool. All the other button captions and regular program windows (such as the "Settings" window) are still in English.
The following table shows all the text that are translated.
Five Price Percentage Levels (Sales)
This is a variant of 5 Price Levels (Sales, Amount) invoice template. It differs from the original template in that it uses percentage values in the price fields.
To keep the cargo image stay on the PDF generated by Invoice Manager for Excel, it is named "oknWidget_cargo". Any images and objects without the prefix "oknWidget_" in its will be removed on generating PDF files, such as those buttons that you can click to save invoice to database, pick an existing customer, generate reports and statements etc.
Tutorial for Adding New Line to Template
Customization of Standard Fields
See "Advanced Database Field Customization" chapter of Invoice Manager for Excel documents for more information on this topic.
Standard Invoicing Template with EAN
An EAN-13 barcode (originally European Article Number, but now renamed International Article Number even though the abbreviation EAN has been retained) is a 13 digit (12 data and 1 check) barcoding standard which is a superset of the original 12-digit Universal Product Code (UPC) system developed in 1970 by George J. Laurer. The EAN-13 barcode is defined by the standards organization GS1. See Wikipedia.