Looking for Excel quotation template spreadsheets for your small business? We have ready-to-use free samples for you.
All the invoice templates here on InvoicigTemplate.com can be easily converted to quotation templates with the built-in tool in Invoice Manager for Excel.
Starting with version 6.11, Invoice Manager for Excel supports quotations. This means you can easily convert a quotation to an invoice once the prices and terms of goods, items and services are accepted by the customer.
Create quotation template from invoice template
- Make sure you have the latest version of Invoice Manager for Excel installed.
- Open your invoice template.
- Click the "Tools" drop-down command on the "Invoice" ribbon tab. Choose "Copy invoice worksheet to create quote worksheet" command.
- Click "Yes" to continue the process.
- A new worksheet "Quote" is created.
The newly create quotation form has exactly the same layout as the original invoice sheet. To make it work with Invoice Manager for Excel, it also applies the following changes:
- Name all cells/fields with "oknQt" prefix.
- Updates all formulas.
- Updates the "cell link" properties of form controls (if any)
- Replaces all the occurrences of the text "Invoice" with "Quote".
You may still need to tweak the quote form manually. For example, many invoice templates here on InvoicingTemplate.com contain the "Paid" and "Balance Due" cells, which are not suitable for a quotation for estimate template.
The standard invoice template shipped with Invoice Manager for Excel includes the quotation sheet created in this way.
Create a quotation
The steps for creating a quotation are similar to those of creating an invoice. Refer to our movie tutorial or quick start tutorial for information on how to create a customer account and your first invoice.
- Open the quote template / invoice template as usual.
- Switch to "Quote" worksheet if it is not the active one.
- Click "Clear & New". This makes the form ready for a new quotation - all fillable cells are cleared, and some of them are filled with default values - for example quotation date, sales rep. name, payment term etc.
- Click any cell inside the "Bill To" area. The on-sheet picker button appears. This smart button appears whenever you click a supported cell. Click it to open the list of customers / clients. You can double-click a customer account to retrieve all the information about the customer, or if want to create a new customer account, then fill the information directly into the "Bill To" section.
- Fill in products, i.e. quoted items into the detail section. Note the subtotal, tax and total cells calculates the amounts automatically.
- Click "Save To DB" on the sheet, or "Save Quote" on the Excel task pane. Invoice Manager for Excel numbers the quotation automatically, and if the customer account is new, an account number is created too. These number are unique. The starting number and prefixes could be set by clicking the "Settings" button, and then the "Database" tab.
- Now you can print a hard copy the quotation. To do this, click the "Print" button.
Or, you can email the quotation directly to the customer, in PDF, image or Excel format. To do this, you simply need to click the "Extract / Email" button. However for the first time usage, you have to fill in your email account information. To do this, click "Settings", and then go to the "Extract / Email" page. Please refer to Email Invoices with One Click of Mouse to find out how to setup the email options.
Convert quotation to invoice
It's just one click to convert a quotation to an invoice. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Click the "Quotes" button on the ribbon, or the button on the "Quote" sheet.
- A data list window shows all the quotations you created. Browse the list to find the one you want to convert. Click to select it.
You can use the search bar to locate the quotation you need quickly. You can search by quotation#, client name, address, email, phone or shipping address etc.
- Click "Convert to Invoice". This brings all the quotation information to the "Invoice" sheet. Verify the information, and click "Save To DB" or "Save Invoice" to generate a new invoice. An invoice# is generated automatically. Visit Automatic Numbering for more information.
Each quotation has a "Status" property. This could be "New" or "Converted", marked with different colors on the list of all quotations. A quotation is marked as "Converted" automatically whenever you click the "Convert to Invoice" button. However it does not reflect whether you save the invoice.
Here are our templates closely related to Free Excel Quote Template.
- c4126Image and Picture on Invoice, Quote and Purchase Order
- c2035General Quote Template for Excel
- c9008Excel Quotation Template
- c6018Freelance Invoice Template
- c3012Freelance Writer Invoice
- c4047Professional Freelance Bill
- c4125Work Invoice in Excel
- c5052Excel Payment Voucher Template
- c7015Commercial Invoice for Export in Excel
- c4082Invoice Design for Personal Trainer or Fitness Instructor
- c4065Lawn Care Invoice Template
- c7019Australian GST Invoice Template (2)
- c2034General Estimate Template
- c4090Invoicing Format for Bakery and Cake Shop
- c4110Nigeria Invoice Template
- c5042Receipt Template for Gold Shop (2)
- c5117Vehicle Rental and Travel
- c6025Standard Invoicing Template with EAN
Image and Picture on Invoice, Quote and Purchase Order
This sample template includes an invoice form, a quotation form and a purchase order form. It demonstrates how to dynamically display product images and pictures on your invoices, quotes and purchase orders.
General Quote Template for Excel
As an Excel spreadsheet template, we use Excel formulas to calculate subtotal, tax and total. For example, for the subtotal field, the Excel formula assigned to the subtotal field is "=SUM(oknLinetotal_1:oknLinetotal_22)". This is one of the big advantages of using Excel spreadsheet templates. While you can create beautiful and professional forms too using Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint or even Adobe Photoshop, it is much easier when you need to do some calculations. This ability, combined with custom fields (user-defined fields) supported by Invoice Manager for Excel, resulting extremely flexible form designs, as you can see from the samples online here on InvoicingTemplate.com. Or see the PDF quotation sample to find out what it will like when your customer receive the quotation created using UIS.
Excel Quotation Template
The formula for "Line Total" incorporates both the auto-calculated portion, and the manually fillable field ("oknLineTotalManual_?" fields, placed outside the printable area, which means it is manually editable on creating invoices / estimations, but will not be included on printable invoices).
Freelance Invoice Template
If you are a freelancer and or running a small business, doing writing, designing or as a consultant or carpenter, a professional looking invoicing template helps you get paid fast. Download Freelance Invoice Template now and start creating invoices in seconds.
Freelance Writer Invoice
Another important invoicing tips for freelancer writers or designers is tracking invoices and payments. While the pure Excel-formatted template does produce beautiful and professional invoices, it is not easy when it comes to number and tracking invoices / payments. With pure Excel spreadsheet template, you have to number invoices manually and track payments manually. And as a freelancer, you may not want to use those expensive and complex accounting / bookkeeping software systems. This is no longer a problem if you have Invoice Manager for Excel installed, which is our Excel-based desktop invoicing software app that connect an Excel spreadsheet template with back end database, offers advanced features like management of customers, products, invoices and payments. Feel free to download the fully functional trail version and see how it works for you. The invoicing app is also able to generate PDF copy of your freelance invoice and send it to your customer electronically.
Professional Freelance Bill
As a freelancer you know it's important to get paid without delay and a professional invoice could be helpful. Being professional means your bill contains all the required information that are formatted properly.
Work Invoice in Excel
The columns are titled with "Hours" and "Hourly Rate". However we didn't change the underlying database field names. So in the underlying database, which could be either Microsoft Access or Microsoft SQL Server, the corresponding fields are still "Quantity" and "Unit Price". Nearly all invoice templates created for hours worked take the same approach. The purpose of this is to simplify database design. Likewise, the field titled with "Work Description" is in face the "Notes" field in the underlying database.
Excel Payment Voucher Template
The voucher# field is a must-filled-in field. It should be filled with a unique (and usually consecutive) value. If you use Invoice Manager for Excel, the voucher# could be generated automatically by clicking the "Save To DB" button.
Commercial Invoice for Export in Excel
InvoicingTemplate.com offers this free commercial invoice template in Excel format. The template offers blank invoice forms that are highly customizable and printable. With its intuitive interface, you can fill in it just like filling a paper form with a paper. The commercial invoice is required to be furbished as a customs declaration form when exporting goods across international borders. A commercial invoice form includes necessary fields to help the importer present a detailed invoice to the custom authorities. It is presented while clearing the goods. It also includes the terms of Sale, a harmonized code for every item and tax identification of the seller as well as the buyer. The commercial invoice template helps you draft invoices with easy and quick. While there are commercial invoice templates or examples online in other formats, such as Microsoft Word or PDF, the Excel-format commercial invoice template has some interesting features, for example, the use of formulas. If you use the Invoice Manager for Excel edition, the definition of custom fields is another powerful feature that shouldn't ignore. If you are looking for a guide on how to create a commercial invoice, or what is a commercial invoice, or commercial invoice examples, this free commercial invoice form, like the other samples available here on InvoicingTemplate.com, answered the question in an intuitive way.
Invoice Design for Personal Trainer or Fitness Instructor
If you are running a personal training business, make sure you are able to provide bills and invoices that are not only professional, but also elegant in appearance. As a sample of customizing the default template included with Invoice Manager for Excel (UIS), InvoicingTemplate.com publishes this invoice design, which can be used with or without the installation of Invoice Manager for Excel.
Lawn Care Invoice Template
Whether you are one of those well-known lawn care companies, or just started your landscaping or yard maintenance / tree-removal service, you need to issue bills to get paid fast. This lawn care invoice / receipt template helps you to get this job done.
Australian GST Invoice Template (2)
Note: a revised version of this template could be found at ABN Tax Invoice Template.
To create the conditional formatting for the GST Amount cells in Excel 2013, here are the steps to follow.
General Estimate Template
This general Estimate Template in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format helps you create job / work / project estimates / quotes as easy as filling in a blank paper form. The estimate form features a customizable logo image and 2 columns - "Description" and "Amount".
Invoicing Format for Bakery and Cake Shop
This free billing / invoicing and order form template is designed for bakeries and cake shops. It features a "Requirements" box to enter special notes about the order, and a beautiful Valentine cake image as the form background.
Nigeria Invoice Template
This Nigeria Invoice Template / Nigeria Billing Form features 4 columns including item description, quantity, unit price and line total. As a sales invoice template it also features a shipping address section, in addition to the "Bill To" section.
Receipt Template for Gold Shop (2)
The cash receipt templates here on InvoicingTemplate.com calculates the line total of each item being sold by using the formula: Weight * Rate + Marking Charge. Both free receipt templates, Receipt Form for Gold Shop (1) and Receipt Form for Gold Shop (2), use the same formula for calculating line total.
Vehicle Rental and Travel
To do this, we have to firstly create a custom field "CustomerName" in the "InvBdy" database table. See c4051 Simple Sample - Discount Amount Field to find how to add a custom field. While c4051 is a sample of adding custom field to the "InvBdy" table, the steps of adding custom field to "InvBdy" are similar to that too.