An invoice can be edited ONLY if its status is pending. If the invoice status is void or paid, then only thefield is data input capable for editing.
There are two tools to edit an invoice. The first is theworksheet, and the second is the window. Regardless of which one you choose, you always need to find the specific invoice in the first place, if it is not currently displayed or shown.
To find an invoice:
- Click the
- Browse to the invoice you want to edit, or find the invoice using the search bar.
- If you want to edit it in Excel, click the button on the toolbar. If you want to edit it using the window, simply double click it.
You will find additional information in the Invoice Detail section of this chapter.
Note: If you know the ID (invoice #) of the invoice, you can also type the ID into the In-Cell Lookup.cell in the worksheet and press Enter to retrieve it from the backend database. This feature is called
- 1. Quick Start Tutorial
- 2. How Invoice Manager for Excel Works
- 3. Before Using a Template
- 4. Template File Format
- 5. Install / Upgrade
- 6. Settings - Template
- 7. Settings - Taxes
- 8. Settings - Misc. Data
- 9. Settings - Database
- 10. Settings - In-cell Lookup
- 11. Settings - Print
- 12. Settings - Extract / Email
- 13. Customers
- 14. Products
- 15. Invoices
- 16. Payments
- 17. Applying One Payment to Multiple Invoices - Batch Payment
- 18. Reports
- 19. Common Tasks
- 20. Customize Invoice Template
- 21. Custom Fields - Invoice Manager for Excel
- 22. Advanced Database Field Customization
- 23. License Key
- 24. Cell Name Reference