Starting with 2007 Microsoft Office system, Microsoft is introducing new file formats for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, known as the Office Open XML formats. In Office Excel 2007, the default format for an Excel workbook is the Office Excel 2007 XML-based file format (.xlsx).
Most of our invoice templates available on UniformSoft.com are in ".xls" format. You can open and work with the template directly in Excel 2007, Excel 2010 or Excel 2013, without any problems, but the title bar of Excel window displays the words "[Compatibility Mode]".
If you don't need to move the template to other computers that are running previous versions of Excel, you can save it in the following new formats supported by Excel 2007 or the later versions.
|.xlsx||Excel XML-based file format|
|.xlsb||Excel Binary (or BIFF12) file format|
|.xlsm||Excel XML-based and macro-enabled file format|
To convert a template into a new format:
- Open the template in Excel 2007~2013.
- In Excel 2007 click the Microsoft Office Button located in the up-left corner of Excel's main window; or in Excel 2010 and 2013, choose .
- Click .
- Click on the warning message dialog displayed by .
- Choose a file format in the dialog. Enter your new file name, say .
- Click to save the template.
- 1. Quick Start Tutorial
- 2. How Invoice Manager for Excel Works
- 3. Before Using a Template
- 4. Template File Format
- 5. Install / Upgrade
- 6. Settings - Template
- 7. Settings - Taxes
- 8. Settings - Misc. Data
- 9. Settings - Database
- 10. Settings - In-cell Lookup
- 11. Settings - Print
- 12. Settings - Extract / Email
- 13. Customers
- 14. Products
- 15. Invoices
- 16. Payments
- 17. Applying One Payment to Multiple Invoices - Batch Payment
- 18. Reports
- 19. Common Tasks
- 20. Customize Invoice Template
- 21. Custom Fields - Invoice Manager for Excel
- 22. Advanced Database Field Customization
- 23. License Key
- 24. Cell Name Reference