You are safe to download the resources. We've added our digital signatures to the files.
Download this if you have already installed the Microsoft Store edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, and are looking for additional customized templates.
Download this if you want this design to be set as the default template by the installer program.
Screenshots and Images
The printed version.
Open the template in Excel.
In most business situations the quantity numbers on an invoice are not addable - for example, if you are invoicing for both goods sold and service rendered. But there are cases where you want to add up quantities on an invoice and show the sum on the sales report.
Since our templates are built upon Microsoft Excel, it is easy to add up several numbers to get the sum. Invoice Manager for Excel, which is our invoicing program based on Microsoft Excel, supports this type of customizations without problem. As you can see, we've published hundreds free invoicing templates here on InvoicingTemplate.com, in both Microsoft Excel and PDF format. Invoice Manager for Excel supports all the Excel invoice templates here and all the PDF invoices on here are generated with Invoice Manager for Excel.
In this sample template, we take c4062 Simple Tax Invoice Sample with Tax Rate List as the base template (i.e. the starting point of our customization). See how to create your invoice template for more information on the general rules to adhere and the basic technique details.
Simple Tax Invoice Sample with Tax Rate List (c4062), which is featured on our simple invoices gallery, is a bill sample where we added a drop down list to the form to let you choose USA state name. The template updates tax rate automatically according to the state name you choose.
In this sample form design, we add a custom field to calculate / store the total quantity on an invoice, and then add this information to the sales report.
- First, make sure you have created a backup copy of the template.
- Open the template / spreadsheet file.
- Click "Invoices" on the "Invoice" ribbon tab.
- Click "Custom Fields" on the toolbar to open the "Custom Field Manager" dialog box.
- Make sure "Database Table" is showing "Invoice Header".
- Click "Add Field" to open the "Add New Custom Field" dialog box.
- Enter: Field Name - TotalQuantity; Type - Decimal; Precision - 10; Scale - 2.
- Click "OK" to create the new "TotalQuantity" field.
- Close all dialog boxes and return to Excel form.
- Switch to design mode by clicking the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon. This allows you to modify the invoice design.
- Click the cell where you want to place the quantity total. In this sample, we choose $I$34 - i.e. the cell below the "Quantity" column.
- Enter the formula to calculate the sum of all quantities:
- On the formula bar, click to activate the name box located at the left-end, enter the cell name "oknTotalQuantity". Note this name must be the combination of the prefix "okn" and the database field name "TotalQuantity". This name creates the map between the Excel cell and the backend Access database field to store the value when you save an invoice.
Next, we add this field to the sales report.
- First click and activate the "Sales Report" worksheet.
- Click the cell with the text "Balance Due".
- Click "Format Painter" on Microsoft Excel "Home" ribbon tab.
- Click the cell next to "Balance Due" - i.e. $R$11. This copies the format of the "Balance Due" cell to $R$11 to make it looks like a report heading.
- In the name box of the formula bar enter the cell name "oknRsTotalQuantity".
- Enter the label of this column, "Total Quantity".
- Click and activate the "Invoice" worksheet.
- Click "Design Mode" on "Invoice" ribbon to exit design mode.
- Save the template.
Now the invoice form calculates total quantity for each invoice, and when you create new sales reports, the total quantity of each invoice is retrieved and shown you too. For more template samples in this series visit simple invoice templates.
Format and Specification
|Name||Simple Sample - Total Quantity on Sales Report|
|Category||Sales Invoice Template|
|Release Date||Wednesday, November 23, 2016|
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||18.00|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|
|Price||Free (0.00 USD)|
|System||Windows 7 and later, and Excel 2007 and later.|