Screenshots and Images
The printed version.
Open the template in Excel.
You are safe to download the resources. We've added our digital signatures to the files.
Download this if you have already installed the Microsoft Store edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, and are looking for additional customized templates.
Download this if you want this design to be set as the default template by the installer program.
The "Line-total" value could be calculated from "Quantity * Unit Price" or "Hours * Hourly Rate". This simple template shows you how to make the line-total manually fillable.
We've already seen sample on how to moving fields to create a new invoicing format in this serial of simple invoice templates. Such as with c4049 Simple Invoice Template - Moving Item# Column, we moved out the entire Item# column to create a new layout. Invoice Manager for Excel is flexible enough to support this type customizations. By adjusting / customizing the formulas, it is also possible to define (or re-define) the relationship between cells.
In this sample of simple invoice template, we look at how to move out the Quantity and Unit Price column, remove the formulas of all the "Line-total" cells to make it manually fillable. With this design, the line totals will not be calculated automatically, but be filled in manually. This is useful businesses, such as service providers, who charge customers on a project-basis.
Here are the steps to do the customization.
- Backup the template that you want to customize. This allows you to start again if something goes wrong during the customization steps.
- Open the template.
- Switch to design mode by clicking the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab.
- Drag your mouse on all cells on the Quantity column to select the cells, ranging I21:I33. Drag on the border of the selected area and move to the new location of this column - in this sample, we choose the new location starting from X21.
- Do the same movement for the Unit Price column, from original address J21:J33 to the new location starting from Y21.
- Drag your mouse to select all the cells for the "Description" heading, including two empty cells on the same row next to the heading, ranging D21:J21. Click the "Merge and Center" button on Excel "Home" ribbon tab twice - the first click on the button unmerges the originally merged cells (i.e. the original "Description" heading), the second click on the button merges all the selected cells - this will be our new "Description" heading.
- Drag your mouse to select all the cells for the "oknProductName_1", including two empty cells on the same row next to "oknProductName_1", ranging from D22:J22. Click the "Merge and Center" button twice. Like the previous step, the first click unmerges originally merged cells, and the second click merges all the selected cells.
- Repeat the above step for all the other "oknProductName_?" cells ("?" - from 2 to 12).
- Drag to select all the "oknProductName_?" cells, ranging from D22 to J33. Click "Align Left" in the "Alignment" group on Excel "Home" ribbon tab.
- Drag mouse to select all line total cells, ranging K22:K33. Hit DEL key on keyboard to delete all the formulas assigned to these cells.
- Right-click one of the selected line total cells, choose Format Cells from the shortcut menu. On the Protection tab, clear the "Locked" property. This will make sure that when the worksheet is protected (i.e. when you are creating invoices), the line total cells are manually fillable / editable.
- Click the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab again to exit design mode.
- Click the Settings button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab.
- On the "Template" tab, check "Allow incomplete lines on invoice body" option. Click "Apply" and then "Close" to close the Settings dialog box.
- Save the template by clicking "Save" command on Excel quick access toolbar.
To verify the completeness of an invoice, Invoice Manager for Excel checks the data entered on the form before saving an invoice. During this check, it shows warning if an invoicing item does not have "Quantity" or "Unit Price" filled in. By enabling the "Allow incomplete lines on invoice body" option, Invoice Manager for Excel will save items without quantity and unit price for this simple invoice template.
Format and Specification
|Name||Simple Sample - Manually Fillable Line-totals|
|Category||Sales Invoice Template|
|Release Date||Tuesday, February 2, 2016|
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||18.00|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|
|Price||Free (0.00 USD)|
|System||Windows 7 and later, and Excel 2007 and later.|