If you work at multiple places, for example if you want to do invoicing from both office and home, OneDrive is an easy and handy tool.
You can put both your invoice template and the database file inside local OneDrive folder. This way, any modifications made to the files will be synchronized via OneDrive.
Note that OneDrive is a file sharing service, but not a database server. It is not suitable for multiple users / computers modify a file at the same time. If you have multiple computers that should work on the database concurrently (i.e. on the same time), consider an online database server. Please refer to our tutorial for SQL Server.
It is easy to share and synchronize your invoice template and Access database file using OneDrive.
- First, make sure all your computers have the same version of Invoice Manager for Excel installed.
- Make sure all your computers connect to OneDrive with the same account.
- Find out where your invoice template and database files are stored. By default, they are stored in the "Public Documents" folder (see installation). However, it is possible that you changed the default installation location, or you are using a customized template downloaded here at InvoicingTemplate.com.
- To find out the exact location of your invoice template and database files:
- Open your invoice template as usual.
- Click "Contact/Email" on the "Invoice" ribbon tab.
- Click "Add current template and database". The box of the file list shows the exact path and name of your Excel template and Access database. Make sure both files are stored in the same folder.
- Copy the files to your local OneDrive folder. By default, the OneDriver folder folder is:
C:\Users\<Your Windows Account Name>\OneDrive
- You can create a subfolder inside the OneDrive folder for storing the invoice template and database file.
- Now if you log in with the same Microsoft account on the second computer, the files will be synchronized to the second computer via the OneDrive cloud storage.
- On each compute, you can create a shortcut of the template on Windows desktop. To do this, right-click the invoice template in the local OneDrive folder and then choose "Send to" / "Desktop (create shortcut)".
Please also refer to the official Sync OneDrive files and folders document.