You are safe to download the resources. We've added our digital signatures to the files.
Download this if you have already installed the Microsoft Store edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, and are looking for additional customized templates.
Download this if you want this design to be set as the default template by the installer program.
Screenshots and Images
The printed version.
Open the template in Excel.
In this sample we look at how to use a custom image to replace the default PayPal payment button image inserted with our invoicing software app, which is in fact a Microsoft Excel picture object with a hyperlink set.
You can easily add the PayPal payment button to the templates available here on InvoicingTemplate.com, by simply clicking "Add / Update PayPal Button" on the "Invoice" ribbon tab. The default button is one of the standard PayPal payment images, which might look familiar to many people who do online transactions frequently.
For steps on adding the PayPal payment button to your invoices and bills, see PDF Invoice with PayPal Button.
If you prefer to make your invoices differ from others, like to make your business stands out from the generals, you are free to replace the default image with your own, just like you can easily replace the default logo image we used on many of our forms, by using just the built-in tools provided by Microsoft Excel.
In this example, we take c3012 Freelance Writer Invoice format as the base template and starting point, demonstrates how to replace the image using Excel. "c3012 Freelance Writer Invoice" is a service invoice template, and is one of the featured template on invoice templates for freelancers.
Here we look at how to do the customization.
- Backup your template. You can do so in Windows Explorer by copying the file.
- Open the template as usual.
- Switch to design mode by clicking the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab. This ribbon tab is created by our invoicing / billing software (UIS) is visible only when you open an invoice or receipt template (as the samples hosted here on InvoicingTemplate.com). It does not show when you open a general Excel spreadsheet / workbook file.
- Click the "Add / Update PayPal Button" on the ribbon.
- On the "PayPal Payments" dialog box, fill in your PayPal account email address.
- Set any other options / preferences as need. Click the "Add / Update PayPal Button" command near the bottom of the dialog box. This adds the default button to the Excel worksheet, with the standard button image provided by PayPal. Visit PayPal buttons, logos, and marks to find out more.
- Right-click on the image and choose "Change Picture" from the shortcut menu. The "Insert Pictures" dialog box appears.
- Click the "Browse" link on the "From a file" section, or search for online image using a search engine like Google or Bing. In this example, for the purpose of demonstration, we just use another standard image provided by PayPal.
- Note that when the picture is selected, Excel shows a "Picture Tools / Format" ribbon tab, where you can find tools like "Remove Background", "Corrections" (adjustment tools for sharpen, soften, brightness and contrast), color tools like "Color Saturation", "Color Tone" and "Recolor", a group of "Artistic Effects", and many more. By using these tools, you can easily change the appearance of the image / picture.
- Exit design mode by clicking the "Design Mode" button on Excel "Invoice" ribbon.
- Save the template by clicking the Save button on Excel quick access toolbar.
Note that the PayPal hyperlink assigned to the button on the Excel spreadsheet is just a template. It will be replaced with the real payment link on a PDF invoice. However if the PDF bill is blank (i.e. no balance due), the payment button is removed.
Format and Specification
|Name||PayPal Payment Button Using Custom Image|
|Category||Service Invoice Template|
|Release Date||Thursday, August 11, 2016|
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||18.00|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|
|Price||Free (0.00 USD)|
|System||Windows 7 and later, and Excel 2007 and later.|
October 2, 2018
- Updated the template for Invoice Manager v7.11.