You are safe to download the resources. We've added our digital signatures to the files.
Download this if you have already installed the Microsoft Store edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, and are looking for additional customized templates.
Download this if you want this design to be set as the default template by the installer program.
Screenshots and Images
The printed version.
Open the template in Excel.
Invoice Manager for Excel supports partial payment and Progress Billing. It is also able to payment historical detail on the invoice form, although this feature was not noticed by many of the users. This sample template shows how.
When you open the default template integrated with the standard Invoice Manager for Excel installer program, and then switch to design mode by clicking the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab, you may notice there are several hidden row between the "Total" section and the "Thank you for your business" label. To show these hidden rows:
- Open the template as usual (make sure you have backed it before customizing it).
- Click the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab.
- Drag your mouse to select the row headings between R40 and R47. This selection includes the hidden section that we'll make it visible.
- Right click one of the selected row heading and choose "Unhide" from the shortcut menu.
- The rows inside the hidden section are visible now.
This hidden section, titled with "PAYMENT DETAIL" includes a table with 5 columns - "Date" (cell name "oknPaymentCreatedDate"), "Total" (cell name "oknPaymentAmount"), "Applied" (cell name "oknPaymentTotalApplied", "Type" (cell name "oknPaymentTerm"), and "Notes" (cell name "oknPaymentNotes"). These columns match exactly the fields shown on the "New Payment" or "Edit Payment" window. The "New Payment" window is shown when you save a new invoice by clicking the "Save Invoice" command on the task pane, or by clicking the "Save To DB" command button (There is an option on the "Settings" window that you could use to turn off this feature).
So for example let's say the invoice total is $100.00, and the client firstly make a partial payment $30.00. When you show the invoice with the form, the "Payment Detail" section is filled with the related information too.
The default "Payment Detail" includes only 3 lines. That is by default this form allows you to show up to 3 partial payments posted to the invoice, including account credits. To show more lines:
- In design mode, right-click one of the row inside the "Payment Detail" section, R43, R44 or R45.
- Choose "Insert" from the menu. This inserts one row the section.
In this sample that you can download for free, we've added 2 more rows. So there are now 5 rows in total in the "Payment Detail" section.
This customization makes the form cannot be fit into one single A4 paper (most of the templates here on InvoicingTemplate.com are designed for 8 1/2 inch X 11 inch letter paper, or A4 paper). To fix this, we can hide some rows on the invoice detail section.
- Drag your mouse to select row headings of R30, R31, R32 and R33 - 4 rows in total.
- Right-click one of the selected row heading, choose hide.
- Select all the cells of the last visible row (in this case, D29:K29).
- Set a bottom-border for these cells.
- The "Taxable" checkboxes of the hidden rows are still visible. You can safely delete these checkboxes. To do this, click one of the checkbox that is to be deleted, hit DEL key on keyboard.
Before finish, click Excel menu File / Print to preview the print result. Make sure the customized form, including both the invoice and partial payment sections, can be fit into the paper size specified. If no further modifications are needed, save the template.
Format and Specification
|Name||Invoice Sample with Partial Payment and Payment History|
|Category||Sales Invoice Template|
|Release Date||Friday, July 29, 2016|
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||18.00|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|
|Price||Free (0.00 USD)|
|System||Windows 7 and later, and Excel 2007 and later.|
August 10, 2017
- Unlocked all the cells in the "Payment Detail" section. Without this modification, payment history cannot be updated properly. See locking / unlocking cells for more information.