You are safe to download the resources. We've added our digital signatures to the files.
Download this if you have already installed the Microsoft Store edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, and are looking for additional customized templates.
Download this if you want this design to be set as the default template by the installer program.
Screenshots and Images
The printed version.
Open the template in Excel.
This template (c5105) for law firms and small law office has exactly the same layout as c5104, but with the currency set to INR (Indian Ruppee). This sample also demonstrates how to define and use the custom field "Bank Charge".
Differ from c5067 Attorney Invoice Template, where the line totals are calculated from "Quantity" and "Unit Price" - like an invoice for hours worked template, this sample invoice for law firms and small law office has 5 columns too, but the line totals are the sum of "Official" and "Professional" that are all manually editable on creating invoices.
The "Exec.ID" column uses the "Prouct ID" field defined as a standard field in the default template and database shipped with Invoice Manager for Excel, which could be the short codes for the services provided by the law firm or small law office. For example, "EP501.01" for "Preparation & filing new patent application and obtaining official receipt" in the category "Patents", and "ET601.01" for "Preparation & filing New Trademark Application" in the category "Trademarks".
Once you have these information set up as the "Products", on creating invoices you can just fill in the short codes in the "Exec.ID" column. Invoice Manager for Excel automatically retrieves all related information from the backend Microsoft Access (or SQL Server) database. This is called "in-cell" lookup in Invoice Manager for Excel.
With c5104 Law Firm Invoice Template we use the "oknShippingCost" field for storing bank charges. This works fine because on the invoices that you send to your clients, either the printed hard copy or the electronical PDF invoices, the cell name "oknShippingCost" and field name "ShippingCost" are never shown.
But as a lawyer you may want to make everything as perfect as possible. So let's how to replace the "ShippingCost" standard field with a custom field named "BankCharge". On the other hand, as a lawyer you may not very interesting on those Excel details - in this case, you can just download the template and use it.
To replace the "ShippingCost" field with "BankCharge" field, the first step is to delete the "ShippingCost" name from the Excel workbook file (i.e. the template).
- First make a backup of your template and Access database file.
- Open the template.
- Click the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon.
- Go to Excel "Formulas" ribbon tab, and then click the "Name Manager" button.
- On the name manager dialog box, browse to and find / select the "oknShippingCost" name, click "Edit".
- Enter the new name "oknBankCharge".
- To make the bank charge column populated on reports, we also need to rename "oknRsShippingCost" to "oknRsBankCharge", rename "oknRcShippingCost" to "oknRcBankCharge", and rename "oknRrShippingCost" to "oknRrBankCharge".
- Click "Close" to close the name manager dialog box and return to the Excel worksheet.
- Exit design mode by clicking the "Design Mode" button again on the "Invoice" worksheet.
Compared to delete the old name, and then create the new name, the benefit of this way to rename a defined cell name is that Excel modifies all the involved formulas automatically.
Now we need to create the custom field "BankCharge" in the database level. Here are the steps to follow.
- Click the "Invoices" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab.
- Click "Custom Fields" on the toolbar.
- Click "Add Field".
- Enter the following: Field name - BankCharge; Type - deciaml; Precision - 10; Scale - 2.
- Click "OK" to create the new custom field.
- Click "Close" to close the custom field manager.
Once you have done the renaming fields using Excel's name manager, and one adding the new field for bank charge the database, it will work like other standard fields already defined.
Format and Specification
|Name||Law Firm Invoice Template (Indian INR Currency)|
|Category||Service Invoice Template|
|Release Date||Thursday, November 24, 2016|
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||21.75|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|
|Price||Free (0.00 USD)|
|System||Windows 7 and later, and Excel 2007 and later.|