Screenshots and Images
The printed version.
Open the template in Excel.
You are safe to download the resources. We've added our digital signatures to the files.
Download this if you have already installed the Microsoft Store edition of Invoice Manager for Excel, and are looking for additional customized templates.
Download this if you want this design to be set as the default template by the installer program.
With this sample template for Excel we show you how to add the email address to an invoicing form, and how to set up emailing options so that you can email invoice to the client by clicking the "Extract/Email" button.
Note that the features described here are provided by Invoice Manager for Excel. If you have not installed it yet, download the fully functional trail version here.
Step 1 - Add email address to invoice form if necessary
Many templates here on InvoicingTemplates.com has the "Email" field on the "Bill To" or "Client Info." section. By adding this to the billing form, new customer accounts created by clicking the "Save As New Customer" button (or the "Save New Customer" button on the task pane) could have the email address saved too. Otherwise, you have to go to the "Customer Edit" or "New Customer" window to set the email address for customers.
If the template you choose already has the email address inside the printable invoice form, skip this step.
- Backup the template that you want to customize / edit.
- Open it.
- Click the "Design Mode" button on the "Invoice" ribbon tab.
- Click to select the "Country" label object in the "Bill To" section. Hit DEL key on keyboard to delete it.
- Go to Excel "Formula" tab and click "Name Manager".
- On the name list click the column heading "Name" to sort list by name. Find and select the name "oknCountry", and then click "Delete".
- Click "Close" to close the "Name Manager" dialog box.
- Click and select the cell where the original country field resides, i.e. $I13:K13 (This is a merged cell range).
- Enter the new name "oknWhoEmail" on the name box of the formula bar. By naming this cell "oknWhoEmail", the content of this cell is mapped to (or linked to) the customer's email field in the backend database. For a complete list of name mapping rules, refer to Invoice Manager for Excel help documents.
- You may also like to add a label for this field. To do this, right-click the "City, State ZIP" label, and choose "Copy" from the shortcut menu.
- Right-Click cell $G$13 and choose "Paste" from the shortcut menu.
- Right-click the newly created label and choose "Properties".
- In the "Caption" field enter the label text "Email".
- Close the "Properties" window.
- You can move the proper location by dragging and dropping.
- One done, click the "Design Mode" button again on the "Invoice" ribbon tab to exit design mode.
- Save the template by clicking the "Save" button on Excel quick access toolbar.
Now you can fill in email address when creating client accounts using the "Save As New Customer" button.
Step 2 - Set up emailing options
Please refer to Email Invoices with One Click of Mouse for detailed steps.
Format and Specification
|Name||Invoicing Template to Email|
|Category||Sales Invoice Template|
|Release Date||Thursday, August 21, 0206|
|Format (XLS or XLSX)||.xlsx|
|Line Height (Points)||19.50|
|Papaer Size / Orientation||Portrait|
|Default Margins (Points)|
|Price||Free (0.00 USD)|
|System||Windows 7 and later, and Excel 2007 and later.|