Skip to main content
InvoicingTemplate.com main content
Sharing Is Caring! We do appreciate your efforts to let others know us!
What is a receipt template?
A receipt is an acknowledgement that a specified article or sum of money has been received as an exchange for goods or services. In Excel Invoice Manager, you can easily create a receipt form based on the standard template, by simply displaying all the payment details on the form.
How to format the template
The following tutorial demonstrates the steps required to make the payment details visible on the form.
- Copy your invoice template file in Windows Explorer; name the new file "Receipt Form.xls".
- Open the template in Excel.
- Unprotect the Invoice worksheet. (How?)
Tip: With Uniform Invoice Software, you can push down the "Design Mode" on the "Invoice" ribbon tab to unprotect the sheet, switch the sheet to design mode, and show gridlines and row / column headings.
- Switch to design mode. (How?)
- Display grid lines and row/column headers. ( How?)
- Drag your mouse on the row headers to highlight the rows between the "Total Due" row and the last row. Please see the figure below.
- Right-click the highlighted row headers, and then choose Unhide from the menu. The Payment Detail section appears.
- Click Excel menu File -> Print Preview to preview the printed result. In Excel 2007, you can preview the printed result by clicking Office button -> Print -> Print Preview. Or in Excel 2010 and later versions, click File -> Print.
- Once you finish the designing of the receipt form, hide gridlines and row/column headers.
- Exit design mode.
- Save the template by clicking Excel menu File -> Save in Excel 2000/XP/2003. In Excel 2007, click Office button -> Save. In Excel 2010 ~ Excl 2016, click File -> Save.
Click one of the following links to download the receipt form created in this tutorial.