About File Formats
Here is a screen shot taken from an Excel 2007 system running on Windows Vista.
Starting with 2007 Microsoft Office system, Microsoft introduced new file formats for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, known as the Office Open XML formats. In Office Excel 2007, the default format for an Excel workbook is the Office Excel 2007 XML-based file format (.xlsx).
The standard template (INVOICE.xls) shipped with Excel Invoice Manager installer is still in the Excel 97-2003 Workbook format. You can open and work with the template directly in Excel 2007 without any problems, but the title bar of Excel 2007 window displays the words .
If you don't need to move the template to other computers that are running previous versions of Excel, you can save it in the following new formats supported by Excel 2007 and later versions.
|.xlsx||Excel XML-based file format|
|.xlsb||Excel Binary (or BIFF12) file format|
|.xlsm||Excel XML-based and macro-enabled file format|
To convert a template into a new format:
- Open the template in Excel 2007 or later versions.
- Click the located in the up-left corner of Excel's main window.
- Click .
- Click on the warning message dialog displayed by .
- Choose a file format in the dialog. Enter your new file name.
- Click to save the template.
Export Data to Excel Workbook File
Starting with Version 2.6 Build 1010, Excel Invoice Manager allows you to export the data in all the data list windows, including Customers, Products and Invoices windows, by clicking thebutton located in the group of the command list bar.
Tip: If you are using Invoice Manager for Excel, the "Export to Excel" commands are available on all the main data list windows.
If you are running Excel 2007, a new optionis available on the dialog where you can enter the new Excel workbook file name.
Change Default File Format
By default all files created byare in the default format of your Excel. You can change this setting by following the steps below:
- Click Excel menu: button -> .
- Choose " " from the left column.
- In the right pane, choose " " from the "Save file in this format" list.
- Click .
- Now the default format of your Microsoft Excel is " ".