The following tutorial demonstrates how to customize the header and footer of printed invoices, by adding the current date/time information to the invoice header or footer.
Note: The screen shots and descriptions are based on an elder version of Excel. You may see a different screen if you are using update-to-date Excel versions.
- Open your invoice template as usual.
- In 2003, click Excel menu File -> Page Setup.
In Excel 2007/2010 and newer versions, go to the Page Layout ribbon tab, and then in the Page Setup group click the arrow button at the right-bottom corner.
- Go to the Header/Footer tab. To choose from a pre-defined header or footer, click the drop-down list below the label "Header:" or "Footer:".
- Click either Custom Header or Customer Footer to create a custom header or footer.
- Click the text box below either Left section, Center section, or Right section, to specify where you want to add the time information.
- Click the clock icon button to add the "&[time]" symbol to the specified section. You can also add Date, Page Number, Total Pages, and even custom pictures in the same way.
- Click OK to close the custom header or footer dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Page Setup dialog box.
- Click Excel menu File -> Print Preview to view the result of your newly added custom header or footer if you are running 2003. If you are running Excel 2007, click Office button -> Print -> Print Preview to view the result, or click File -> Print in Excel 2010 and later versions.
- Click Excel menu File -> Save to save the modified invoice template in Excel 2003. In Excel 2007, click Office button -> Save to save the modified template, or click File -> Save in Excel 2010 and newer versions.
Note that the customized page header and footer will also be applied to PDF invoices generated by Uniform Invoice Software.