This "Customize Page Header and Footer for Print" document was written for Excel Invoice Manager. If you are using Invoice Manager for Excel, please refer to printable invoice templates for more information about print-related information, or refer to PDF invoice templates.
The following tutorial demonstrates how to customize the header and footer of printed invoices, by adding the current date/time information to the invoice header or footer.
Note: The screen shots and descriptions are based on an elder version of Excel. You may see a different screen if you are using update-to-date Excel versions.
- Open your invoice template as usual.
- In 2003, click Excel menu
In Excel 2007/2010 and newer versions, go to theribbon tab, and then in the group click the arrow button at the right-bottom corner. -> .
- Go to the tab. To choose from a pre-defined header or footer, click the drop-down list below the label " " or " ".
- Click either or to create a custom header or footer.
- Click the text box below either , , or , to specify where you want to add the time information.
- Click the clock icon button to add the "
- Click to close the custom header or footer dialog box.
- Click to close the dialog box.
- Click Excel menu , or click -> in Excel 2010 and later versions.
- Click Excel menu -> to save the modified invoice template in Excel 2003. In Excel 2007, click button -> to save the modified template, or click -> in Excel 2010 and newer versions.
Note that the customized page header and footer will also be applied to PDF invoices generated by Invoice Manager for Excel.